Zerminar12's Elite RP Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Cryatonic
Cryatonic

Awakening in the Bunker Empty Awakening in the Bunker

Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:05 pm
Thirteen days have passed since the battle between Octopus and Moyasu, which ended in Moyasu being buried under mud. For twelve of the days, he laid motionless, cold to the touch and barely breathing. For the last day, he warmed up, and began tossing and turning. He mutters something under his breath every so often, a cold sweat running down his body. Late in the night, he jerks away and bolts upright in the cot he was laid in. He looks around confused for a moment. He slowly places his only hand on his face, to feel if his soiled bandages were still on his face. He looks down at his left arm stump and passes his hand over the remaining twisted metal. Remembering the events that had transpired before, he looks around worriedly, "What happened. Is Moyasu alright?"

Previous Scene: here

Last edited by Cryatonic on Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:35 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added "Previous Scene" Link)
TimTheDM
TimTheDM

Awakening in the Bunker Empty Re: Awakening in the Bunker

Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:33 am
The only one in the bunker with Octopus is the strange mutant Three, who turns away from the electronic equipment he was in front of to regard Octopus. "So you're finally awake Seven? Good. It's fine to have limits, but if pushing them like that causes you to sleep again like this for two weeks, your usefulness may be called into question. And no, of course Moyasu isn't alright. Are you still sleepy, or is it perhaps a condition of your power?" asks Three.
Cryatonic
Cryatonic

Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:01 am
"W-what? No... No, no, no." He lays his head in his hands. "It happened again." His shoulders begin to shake. "I did it again..." Tears begin to stream from his eyes, as a wave of shame and regret washes over him. "I let it get the better of me again. I haven't changed a bit. I am everything they told me I am: a monster." He looks up towards Cancer. A surge of emotions flows through him: sadness, anger, regret, but also acceptance and belonging. "But... A monster among monsters."
Octopus wipes the tears out of his eyes and pulls at the sticking bandages on his face. As he tests the facial bindings to see where his skin had begun healing and separating from the fibers, he says, "No, it wasn't the amount of power I used; it was the stress Seve- I mean, Moyasu- caused me. See, I-I don't handle... stress... very well. When I'm pushed over the edge, I just sort of... explode..." He looks at his metallic stump. "And when I do, I just sort of radiate the remainder of my energy in one massive burst, usually directed towards the stressor." He brings up his legs and rests his chin on his knees, still pulling on his bandages. "I guess she managed to best me in one way, and that was what caused her to lose... and I lose too."
He looks Cancer's tumorous body over, and sighs. "So, what happens now that I am part of the Seven?"
TimTheDM
TimTheDM

Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:26 am
Three appears to cock his brow, though considering the swelling on his face, it's hard to tell. "The Seven are weapons, Octopus, not monsters. I hope you understand why a weapon shouldn't break under stress," says Three. He gets up from his chair, and approaches Octopus, "Moyasu was a murderer, Tokyo won't miss her," he says as he nonchalantly takes a seat on the couch that served as Octopus' bed, "We won't miss her either," he continues, "She was untrustworthy, unhinged, and unreliable. As far as I can tell your only one of those things." He leisurely stretches on the couch, and stifles a yawn, "We have no formal induction ceremony, usually we meet with One, he's much better at explaining all of this than I am. Its the first, and probably the last time you'll meet him too, he doesn't visit often. I know he's in town, so I'll contact him," says Three as he presses a few buttons on his phone.
Cryatonic
Cryatonic

Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:03 pm
Octopus nods to Cancer, "Thanks for the... um... reassurance." He then thinks to himself, "Wait, which flaw do I have?" He pauses for a moment in thought. "IS this what the others feel like? Forever trapped in their minds while their bodies act as unstable weapons? Will they ever be able to crawl out of their hole? Can they ever escape?" Octopus looks towards the door of the shack, "Three, do you mind if I take a quick walk?" Before given time to answer, Octopus pushes himself off the couch and limps towards the door.
Octopus walks out the door, the the soft glow of the half moon flowing over the scorched earth. He shields his eyes from even this gentle light, having not seen light in almost two weeks. He shuffles through the dirt, towards the battlefield. Not much has been left to suggest a fatal battle was fought here; the ice had long melted and evaporated, the scorch marks have been blown away or covered in dirt and dust; the only evidence of the fight is a discoloured circle in the ground that dips towards the center. As he walks towards it, his foot kicks something metallic in the dust: a tarnished screw. Not wanting to struggle with his malfunctioning limbs, he puts his hand above the screw, and it lifts from the ground and hovers in front of his face, glinting off the velvety moonlight. His eyes feel over ever square inch of the forlorn screw as his eyes reflect disappointment and years of sadness. The screw lowers towards his slack knee and begins screwing itself into an empty socket, where the knee then tenses and locks. Shuffling to the edge of the dicoloured ditch, Octopus shakes his head. "You should have just surrendered. It would have saved us both..."
He crouches down and puts his hand on the now dried mud and closes his eyes. A few moments later, the soil quivers slightly, as lumps begin to form. From these lumps, bones begin to bud and escape their earthen tomb. One of these bones is a skull with an indent on the right side of the forehead. Octopus grips the skull in his hand and raises to his feet. "I'm sorry. The world would probably be safer if you were Seven, rather than me..." He holds the skull at eye level and the light around it begins to shimmer. The skull begins to mould and shape itself as if made of putty into a concave circle just large enough to cover Octopus' face. He grabs it by its front, and using the tip of his pointer finger, carves a circle with an "X" inscribed on the forehead just above the eye sockets. Inside each of the four sides of the quartered circle, he carves a diamond shape. Releasing the bone mask, it hovers in front of him, and with his one hand, he pulls off the bandages from his face, some pulling on his squishy skin as the fibers rip away. The soiled bandages drop to the sun-bleached sands below as he reaches out and grabs the face of the mask, then dons it. "I shall free you. And all others who suffer from that torturous madness."
Octopus returns to the shack and tells Cancer, "Alright. I'm ready to meet One."

Last edited by Cryatonic on Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:10 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Forgot it was night, not day.)
TimTheDM
TimTheDM

Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:06 am
Three nods to him. "He's on his way. Oh, and you may want to take that off. One is much less vulgar than some of us, although Tsuyoi would get a kick out of it," says Three. In about half an hour, an unassuming man with combed hair, and a dusty suit enters the bunker (PL 3). He takes off his jacket and tosses it on the couch before approaching Octopus. He extends his hand cordially, "Welcome Seven, I heard about your victory," he says calmly.
Cryatonic
Cryatonic

Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:16 am
Octopus turns to Three and grabs the sides of his new mask, "My mask? I'm sorry, but this vulgarity must stay- for personal reasons." He sits on the couch and patiently waits for One's arrival. As the man enters the door, Octopus stands and shuffles over. Extending his remaining hand, he gladly shakes his hand, saying, "It's nice to meet you One- I presume." He taps his mask and says, "Sorry if my mask is vulgar or offensive, but I must wear it for very personal reasons."
TimTheDM
TimTheDM

Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:28 am
One raises a brow, looking over the mask, and its indent. He simply shrugs in response, "Don't worry about your appearance Seven, for your job, it won't matter. As for me, yes, I am One, or Genshi Harumi, and this is my companion two," says One, motioning to the opened vault door, as a woman with short, well-combed blonde hair enters the room. She also wears a suit, in addition to a pair of shades, looking Octopus up and down with an intense glare.
Cryatonic
Cryatonic

Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:33 am
Octopus becomes visibly nervous, as he speaks with a stutter. "I-it's... uh... n-nice to m-m-meet you, t-too, ma'am. Miss! Uh..." He looks at both of them and shyly asks, "So, what happens n-now that I-I'm Seven?"
TimTheDM
TimTheDM

Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:42 am
One takes a seat beside Octopus, and clears his throat. Meanwhile, Two steps in front of Octopus, and kneels beside him, placing her hands on both sides of his temples, without saying a word. "What happens now Seven, is we fill you in on the war, and your role in it, while Two assesses you," he says calmly. Two pulls out from her briefcase a stethoscope.
Cryatonic
Cryatonic

Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:49 am
Octopus flinches at the sudden touch of Two on his hand, and reflexively the area becomes ice cold, but then slowly begins to warm up to a few degrees above freezing. "Uh.. um... sorry. I... I don't get touched, often... without i-it being... painful." He looks at One from the corner of his vision while Two examines him, "The war, as in the war Tsuy- uh, Four- told me about? The one between us powerful psychics and the people who try to use us for personal gain?"
Depending on how thoroughly Two examines Octopus, she would find his skin is rather soft, bumpy, and stretchy, with a dull red hue. His robotic prostethics are attached at the very base of his shoulders and hips, where each has two seeming tentacles wrapped around his torso and nailed into his sides. His back is covered in fractal scarring and other wounds, all of which in various degrees of healing. He will refuse to remove his mask under any circumstances, seeming very reluctant to even let her examine his body.
TimTheDM
TimTheDM

Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:02 am
One seems ready to respond to Octopus queries, before Two interrupts, "What are these prosthetic's, and scars? Who did this?" she says with a demanding voice.
Cryatonic
Cryatonic

Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:14 am
Octopus' whole body tenses, and he appears to momentarily panic. His eyes widen and he begins to sweat. He purses his lips and seems to be unable to speak, presumably due to fear and emotional trauma. Ignoring the "who" part, Octopus eventually says after a minute of silence, "I was given the prosthetics in order to walk and grab things. My real limbs where too 'improper' to be out in public. The scars were from some electricity..."
TimTheDM
TimTheDM

Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:27 am
Two gives One a sidelong glance, then turns it back to Octopus, lowering her shades to stare at him with grey eyes. One sighs, "Must be frustrating to see your job done so poorly," he says. "Its a master's craft, and to see the Dome's baboons mess it up so badly, even on Rust, its disgusting," she responds, not taking her eyes off Octopus.
Cryatonic
Cryatonic

Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:38 am
"I-I'm sorry if I did something wrong! I-I just... I just d-don't like to think about what happened..." He turns down his eyes away from Two. He looks to the side and asks One, "So, what is your plan to end this War between psychics and the normal humans? Surely we could just overpower them, but then we wouldn't be any better than they are. Are we going to try and make them sympathize with us through good will?" It is hard to tell if his second question is sarcastic or genuine.
TimTheDM
TimTheDM

Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:42 am
One raises a brow, "The war between psychics and humans? No, I wouldn't call that a war. A petty feud, maybe. We exist to the end the real war, the great war," he explains. Two shakes her head, "You didn't do anything wrong Seven. While there are some physical side-effect mutations, your power is barely diluted, a rarity around here. It's just frustrating to see a potent weapon mishandled," she says.
Cryatonic
Cryatonic

Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:50 am
Octopus turns to Two, and although his mask covers his face, he smiles. He thinks, "These people seem to genuinely care for their own people. Whether I'm a weapon or not, these are at least good people at heart." He asks Two, "Psychics powers can be diluted? I thought pretty much all psychics could have as much power as myself or any of the other Negatives?" As he says this, he cuts himself off and brings his hand up to his mouth. "Uh, uh..." He stutters and stammers as he seems to lose any composure he had. "I wasn't supposed- I shouldn't- ah, ah..." He quickly changes the subject, "So, if the fight between the humans and psychics is a petty feud, who are the opponents in the Great War?"
TimTheDM
TimTheDM

Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:13 am
"Most everyone Seven, perhaps except the remnants of the Americans, we have a tacit agreement with them. Chiefly, other underground governments like ours, and other Handlers, like your old slave-masters. And no, Seven, few third or fourth generation weapons have access to your level of raw power," explains One. Two rolls her eyes as One mentions 'Handlers', "Don't give the barbarians too much credit," she says as she places the stethoscope to Octopus' chest. She continues her medical examination, pausing only to note a few things on her clipboard. One nods solemnly, "When your ready Seven, I expect a full report on your old Handlers. You can write it up if that makes it more comfortable, and if you can't write, Three will for you," he pauses to pull out a phone from his briefcase, handing it to Octopus, "On it is speed dials to numbers 2 through 6. Two will be your new Handler, you'll receive mission briefings and important information from her. Understand?" he asks.
Cryatonic
Cryatonic

Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:24 am
Octopus nods to One, "Thank you very much, both of you. It means a lot to me for someone to risk so much on my behalf. I will do my best to help you all." He reaches out and fumbles with grabbing the phone. "I'll start working on that report right away."

Once One and Two leave, Octopus, with the aid of Three, begins writing down all information he can about ALPINE (this will be updated information in the ALPINE Creation post).
TimTheDM
TimTheDM

Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:31 am
Before two leaves she takes off her shades, and takes a deep breath, placing her palms on the sides of Octopus' head, "I need you to close your eyes and concentrate Seven," she murmers. Should Octopus comply, he'll feel a strange out of body sensation, and for a moment, he finds he's looking at himself on the couch. He would see himself slowly raising his left-hand, before the sensation ended, leaving a vague sense of violation, his left arm still poised in the air. Two nods with satisfaction, "The implants are well connected to his nerve endings, seems our barbarians could do something right after all," she says as she puts on her shades, leaving with One.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum