Zerminar12's Elite RP Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Zerminar12
Zerminar12
Admin
https://zerminar12rp.forumotion.com

A Peaceful Protest Outside the Governor's Mansion in Manila (PL 0) Empty A Peaceful Protest Outside the Governor's Mansion in Manila (PL 0)

Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:22 pm
At the heart of the coastal port city of Manila lies the grand estate of the Administerial Center of Firipin. Here a coalition between three Departments rules the occupied archipelago in an informal power bloc known as the Colonial Triumvirate. In theory, the three overseas Dep Heads are merely advisors and servants to the newly appointed Daimyo of Firipin Nonagi Sensho. Nevertheless, the Filipinos and the leadership of the Dome understand that it is the Triumvirate that holds the true power over the islands.  The Daimyo has called together an emergency meeting of the Triumvirate. In the city square of Manila, a large gathering of local Filipinos has gathered. They appear to be unarmed and are sitting on the cross-legged on the ground, waving picket signs, and attempting to rally others into joining their protest. The protesters have been on a strike for three days and in that time refuse to eat, leave, or negotiate with the Daimyo or his officials. As he turns his gaze from the protesters down below he sits upon his throne-like seat and awaits the arrival of the three Department Heads hoping they will have solutions to this civil unrest.

Last edited by Zerminar12 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
TimTheDM
TimTheDM

A Peaceful Protest Outside the Governor's Mansion in Manila (PL 0) Empty Re: A Peaceful Protest Outside the Governor's Mansion in Manila (PL 0)

Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:58 pm
An old man in a grey suit ambles into the throne room, where he bows politely. As he does, his wide-rimmed glasses fall off his face, and clatter to the ground. He struggles to lean over to pick them up, grunting softly as he does. It's hard to tell if he's really struggling to get them, or making a show of it. "Ah, silly things, need to get them adjusted," he says in a wispy voice. "Good day to you, Daiymo," he continues as he turns his gaze to a young man in the corner of the room, snapping his fingers at him, "Strike it on the record that Mr. Suzuki, head of foreign relations arrived at 11:52. And get me a chair," he demands of the servant, before turning back to the Daiymo. "Quite the protest this time.," he idly remarks.
Cryatonic
Cryatonic

A Peaceful Protest Outside the Governor's Mansion in Manila (PL 0) Empty Re: A Peaceful Protest Outside the Governor's Mansion in Manila (PL 0)

Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:05 am
Boots thump against the floor as an old man walks into the room. His greying hair and wrinkled face displaying his age, while the left half of his face droops due to slight paralysis. He mumbles and gruffs about this and that before saying, "I'm only here out of responsibility as a department head. This is an absolute waste of my time." He turns to the attendance taker, "Otaka Umichi, Head of Research, reporting..." He takes a seat near the window and watches the sitting protesters outside. "Morons..."
Zerminar12
Zerminar12
Admin

Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:37 am
"Gentleman, I have most unfortunate news. Due to recent... unrest in Neo-Tokyo Nebu-sama has blatantly refused to take the time to travel here and help address this situation. As usual, he appears more concerned with his feeble attempts at controlling the peasantry than protecting our interests overseas. He will be coming later today yet I suggest we begin discussing the matter at hand immediately. Something must be done about this protest lest it proceeds to foment more dissent among the natives. As Daimyo, Supreme Ruler of This Land, I hereby authorize any and all measures that have a probable chance of ending this civil unrest!" he declares. The Daimyo then looks between Otaka and Suzuki expectantly.
Cryatonic
Cryatonic

Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:41 am
Otaka waves his hand dismissively, "I could try out some toys I've been playing with in my labs, if you want? Should shut them up well enough." He gives a half smile, the left side of his mouth twitching slightly and then resuming its drooped hang.
TimTheDM
TimTheDM

Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:56 am
Suzuki slowly shakes his head, "Cathartic maybe, to those with more banal tastes," he says in a dry tone as he eyes Otaka, "But it won't solve the problem at hand, only fan the flames of rebellion. Have they presented any demands as of yet?" he continues.
Zerminar12
Zerminar12
Admin

Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:07 am
"Only one. The same thing those Filipino bastards ask for any time they start getting testy. They want independence." he coldly states. The Daimyo taps his fingers ever so softly on the table. "Things have only gotten worse. I've received news that the so-called peasant general Emilio Aguinaldo has escaped our custody on Japan and now roams freely. They've even been bold enough to levy attacks on Neo-Tokyo itself. I've also been receiving some... disturbing reports from the Formosan protectorate. It appears there were a few survivors from the People's Republic who fled to Formosa after the War and that the communists have united with their Taiwanese brethren in an effort to loosen our grip on the region. I am at quite a loss here, on one hand, we could try cracking down on unauthorized activity but given how radical they've become I wonder if that'd only strengthen their resolve. On the other hand, if we try to accommodate them or act too leniently that also might encourage their deviant behavior. I was hoping you Department Heads would have some... alternative solutions." he elaborates anxiously.
Cryatonic
Cryatonic

Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:55 am
Otaka ponders for a moment, then speaks up, “If they want independence, give them independence.” He hold up hid hand before anyone can begin to speak about his rather nice and lenient decision. “Then, no longer a part of our lovely nation, we can go to war with them, in an effort to reclaim what is ours and assert our dominance on them. If anyone wonders why we are at war, we say that they have become too rowdy and need to be calmed down, while they- these Filipino bastards- will come to find that staying under our banner is the only way they’re going to survive this backwater shithole Earth is now. Any objections to this idea?”
TimTheDM
TimTheDM

Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:46 pm
Suzuki shakes his head again, "Our job here is to avoid war, not start another one. Besides, this is a peaceful protest, we can't justify attacking them to the council, or Nebu," he responds. "Our solution must be a delicate one, to suit a delicate situation. If we can appease them, we can likely sever their ties with the terrorists as well. My proposition is simple, we offer them a representative on the triumvirate, and in exchange they will adhere to our curfew.," he explains.
Zerminar12
Zerminar12
Admin

Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:57 pm
The Daimyo appears somewhat disgruntled by Suzuki's use of the term Triumvirate yet quickly shoves his feelings aside and nods in agreement. "Yes, Otaka, your plan is foolish. We have already conquered the Filipinos. If we were to release them then conquer them again that'd accomplish nothing if just aggravating them further. But appeasement...". The Daimyo strokes his long grey beard in contemplation. For a moment he appears quite discordant and confused but after several deep breathes he enters a state of repose and continues. "Yes, this sounds like the most rational course of action. Not a plan I expected to hear from a Department Head, one that both willingly relinquished some power and was well thought out but nevertheless excellent thinking. The main issue remains just how do we go about giving them this power and how much should they be privileged to. We do not want these gaijin to become too powerful lest they undo our hard earned Japanification of the old territory of Formosa. Any more detailed solutions, Suzuki?" he questions further.
TimTheDM
TimTheDM

Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:52 am
Suzuki nods, "Of course. The representative in question will be made the head of his own department, and will become a full citizen of the dome. He will attend the meetings, he will have residency within the dome. He will become one of us, in a manner of speaking. Like how the ancient Romans conquered," he explains.
Zerminar12
Zerminar12
Admin

Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:04 pm
The Daimyo grasps his chin and goes silent for some time, deep in thought. "While converting these savages to our culture and tradition is quite desirable would we not want to ensure their loyalty and Japanification before granting them any privileges or power? After all, these dogs still speak their mongrel Westerner language and hold onto so-called "American ideals" of democracy. I feel that we cannot yet trust them with as much freedom as you suggest. Do you have any more moderate solutions Otaka? If you are capable of understanding that word and what it implies." he tiredly questions. The Daimyo snaps his fingers and a nearby servant pours the three men some sake. The Daimyo proceeds to make a small Shinto prayer in traditional Japanese dialect before imbibing his liquor. He sighs in relief "Now this is proper alcohol, not like the grape juice those uncultured swine out there appear to like so much." he dismissively complains.
TimTheDM
TimTheDM

Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:48 pm
"Daiymo, it sounds like you've been spending too much time with the council of the pure. Offering them ONE department is hardly giving up our values and traditions. How are we expected to show them the splendor of our nation, if we insist they cannot take part in it? Only their leader will be granted citizenship, I remind you," explains Suzuki.
Cryatonic
Cryatonic

Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:52 pm
Otaka shakes his head, “I don’t think we can force them to give up their American beliefs. If we want them to be loyal, we will have to give them some power without restrictions imposed and simply show them how our way is superior when it comes to protecting the populace, so I agree with Suzuki.”
Zerminar12
Zerminar12
Admin

Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:10 pm
The Daimyo inhales sharply before letting out a slow sigh. "I suppose we will have to try out your solution, Head Suzuki. But if this fails you two are the ones who will have to deal with... the 'Honoured General'." he relents. "I suppose now we should address the public with our little proposition, see how the Filipinos take to it," he suggests quietly. "Any volunteers?" he asks tiredly.
TimTheDM
TimTheDM

Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:14 pm
Suzuki glances around the room, and responds in a dry voice, "I believe this kind of offer falls under the department of foreign relations, I shall go address the crowd." Suzuki slowly stands off of his chair, and heads towards the entrance of the building.
Zerminar12
Zerminar12
Admin

Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:23 pm
"Wait, are you sure you wish to go unarmed or without any guards?! There may be terrorists among them! If you just go out there unprotected who's to say that the rebels may not attack you or worse, take you hostage!" the Daimyo shouts after Suzuki. His personal bodyguards step forth and run to guard Suzuki as he heads towards the exit of the estate.
TimTheDM
TimTheDM

Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:11 pm
Suzuki waves his hand dismissively, "I'm old, expendable, if they want to take me, let them. My vice will take over all of my duties, and can be contacted in Neo-Tokyo should the need arise," he says as he edges past the guards, and exits out into the Manila square. He clears his throat, and addresses the crowd in a wheezy voice, "If I may have your attention."
Zerminar12
Zerminar12
Admin

Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:51 pm
The protesters get up from their cross-legged positions and begin picking up numerous picket signs and hurling stones at the gates surrounding the manor complex. "Libertad por la Philippines!" many of them chant loudly. Others quiet down and listen attentively to what the old Japanese man has to say. Eventually seeing that the old man has some word from the colonial government the chanting protester quiet down one by one until they are all gazing at Suzuki. Some bear looks of scorn and contempt while others show some amount of curiosity as to what news the old Department Head brings.
TimTheDM
TimTheDM

Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:34 pm
Suzuki stumbles past the doorway, and fumbles with his keys, slowing opening the gate, and stepping out of it alone. He waits a moment patiently for the chanting to stop, then begins his speech, surprisingly not in Japanese, but in Spanish, "Your pleas have not fallen on deaf ears. The Daiymo, and myself, alongside the other councilors, have been discussing how we can best accommodate your demands," he begins dryly, "This colony, your people, are just as important to Japan as any other city, or citizen. Your people are equal to ours under our nation, and it is our belief then that you should have equal say. Therefore, we offer to this colonies citizens, a position for your representative as councilor to the Daiymo, and as head of their own department. As a department head, your representative shall participate in every meeting of the council, the highest echelon of our government, and hold equal sway to a Pure councilor," he finishes. Despite his dry tone, his Spanish is excellent.
Zerminar12
Zerminar12
Admin

Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:45 pm
While initially incensed at the sight of this elderly Japanese man the moment he begins to speak in Spanish they listen eagerly to what he has to say. Upon being referred to as "just as important to Japan as any other city, or citizen" the assembled Filipinos begin to nod in approval and upon the mention of representation via their own Department a few of the protesters begin to applaud Suzuki. What begins as a few claps of recognition and appreciation spreads and becomes a resounding applause for the Japanese statesman and this most generous compromise. Almost immediately after a question comes from the gathered crowd "How soon shall these elections be held?" asks an anonymous attendee.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum